Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pet's Safety During The Holiday

The holidays are right around the corner. Christmas music is already filling the radios and black friday ads are circulating like crazy! What are you doing to prepare for the holiday? I know I need to start on some Christmas shopping already, because I am a perfect procrastinator when it comes to that. As for Pepper, he already has sweaters and his Santa Claus outfit ready for the holidays! 
During this happy time consumed with family, friends and food, most of us love to give our pets some good food as well. 
Just a few tips to keep in mind regarding fatty foods, fresh water and trash during the holiday season. I personally don't mind giving Pepper little scraps here and there of excess fat from steak or chicken. However, remember to not do it in excess because it can cause life threatening medical conditions such aspancreatitis or gastroenteritis. 


Giving your pet fresh water is so simple and easy. Yet, is something that some (including myself) seem to neglect at times. Water can easily become filled with so many different germs and bacteria from our pets mouth. So it is our duty to give them continuos fresh water throughout the day. Wipe away any film that may have build up in their water bowl and change water at least twice daily! I was bad with this at first, but now I keep it nice and fresh for my dog
Keep a close eye on the garbage! Rather cat or dog, I seen them both being sneaky and trying to eat anything from left-overs to whatever is in the trash! Its something so simple but animals are very smart!

A while back, I use to care for a gorgeous English Mastiff, named Logan (Pictured Above and on the Right). He was a puppy and definitely kept me  busy. He was the trash King. If he was too quiet I could find him most of the time in the pantry by the trash. Paper towels or food bits, you name it, he wanted it all. He was a very smart boy, and probably thought it was a game when I would take it out his mouth, then he would go search for some more!
Feel free to leave any comments, and/or follow through the social media links and our newsletter. Feedback is very much appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment